My CCI puppy will be arriving soon! There does seem to be a potential mixup as the information I’ve seen says Friday, November 17th but the airline says Saturday, November 18th. Oh well – what is one day!
Meanwhile…..I’m getting my house in order – that is puppy order and that includes a kennel. After a lot of research I purchased a PetMate Navigator through chewy.com. I have dealt with Chewy before and always marvel at their customer service. On this occasion I have no issue with Chewy as again their customer service is exemplary. My issue is with PetMate.
One of the reasons I chose the Navigator is they have a video demonstrating how easily this can be put together. It also is the only relatively lightweight kennel that has a divider for growing puppies so I could get one kennel and use it as Walla grows.
- Would NOT go together without extreme difficulties. The advertising of how easy this is to assemble is completely false.
- Top would not slide ‘easily’ onto the bottom.
- Once together the holes for the bolts were not properly aligned so the bolts would not fit
- Latches would not latch on one side
- Took 40 minutes of struggle when I noticed the broken latch on the door
- Door latch broken on one side. Which means the door does not fix in place.
- Extremely poor directions
- The instructions look like a copy of a copy to some 30 or 40 degrees on a really bad copier making them nearly unreadable
- Nothing about how to put the clips on the divider that is remotely useful. I finally figured out that the bump on one side is supposed to go into a hole on the side and therefore must be towards the side. My inquiry regarding this received a response of ‘slide the clips in from the rear’ NOT helpful
- The divider is not likely to hold as the sides are so flexible that the clips pop off when the sides flex
- One of the rear latches is missing
- Many of the plastic screw caps were not properly made so they would not screw onto the bolts provided even if they would fit in the holes.
- Even harder to get aligned so I finally gave up and used the tie down holes with my own hardware.